Do Anteaters Make Good Pets?

"Ulysses" wrote in news:h4uviu$ugq$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Well with all the wizardry around here you would think someone could rig their cell phone to redirect Hubble. Them 20 acres of ants will just start poppin' and cracklin' all over the place.

Reply to
Red Green

My poor dog kept licking her foot yesterday and after several attempts to find the problem I finally found a red ant stuck between her claw and pad. Now I'm getting pissed off at the ants. It ruined her whole day.

Reply to
Ulysses

Nobody seems to get it any more and we haven't had to buy any Tecnu for a few years. Now, if we could develop resistance to fire ants....

Reply to
Ulysses

Well, that's very interesting. I didn't come across that one on the fire ant websites that I read. I once had to use boric acid to get rid of cockroaches and it really worked. I'm gonna see if there are any diatomites around. Doesn't DE come from the deserts? Makes me wonder if there are any ants where they find the stuff.

Reply to
Ulysses

I found a local web site and the picture they have looks exactly like the ants I have.

It looks like I have to call the 800 number.

Reply to
Ulysses

Short read here:

"Perma-Guard Household D-20 is not registered for sale in the state of California."

Oren

And the treatment is free...."With one call, your local Red Imported Fire Ant authority or county agricultural commissioner's office will inspect your property for Red Imported Fire Ants and treat confirmed colonies at no cost to you."

Those are the same as fire ants in Florida, that I'm familiar with.

Reply to
Oren

appear to

don't eat

You mean the 550 metric tons of yellowcake uranium? They removed that about a year ago.

Reply to
celticsoc

Sounds like a good product. I just missed the wild Chrysanthemums so I guess I won't be mixing up my own version of the stuff.

Reply to
Ulysses