DIY multihead shower manifolds? Advice?

Hello,

I have been thinking of adding a second or third head to my shower. I have seen websites the selling simple manifolds with and without heads (like:

but they are a bit pricey, especially when shipped to Canada, so I thought I may be able to make my own.

I talked to the guy at the local plumbing store and he said I'd need a "Pressure regulator control valve" for some $200+. I wouldn't think I would need this, especially if the heads were at the same level and even if not a flow control valve on each head would be enough to balance manually(?).

Has anyone ever tried/seen/done this? Any suggestions? Can you get half inch tread pipe sections and T's, etc easily so this can be done without soldering copper pipe? (I live in an apartment and don't have much in the way of tools available.)

Thanks for any advice/insights,

David

Reply to
David Muir

The website you posted has them. Look at: Dual Shower Head Brass Bar.

That is the "T" fitting that screws on your existing shower pipe.

Matt

Reply to
m-carlson

Yes, I realize that. I was hoping to be able to do it for less that $29.95 + S&H to Canada by assembling one myself. I also wanted to know if anyone has tried this and knows if a $200+ pressure regulator control valve is at all required.

-David

Reply to
David Muir

go down to the hardware store and buy a cheap threaded tee, a couple cheap threaded coupling pipes, and screw two heads on it. if you like the flow, take back the cheap pieces and buy slightly better ones that you like the looks of. if you dont like the flow take back the pipe and start looking into the pressure regulator.

oh, and use teflon tape on the joints.

randy

Reply to
xrongor