DIY furnace tuneup

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home_improvement/home_improvement/1275936.html

Good find!
With the cost of fuels, having my furnace working well, will pay off.
thx,
tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com
Sorry, IMHO, a furnace tuneup is not a do-it-yourself job. You should be able to measure blower static, gas pressure, manifold pressure, flame sensor current, flue draft, stack temperature and few other things and understand what they mean. If you want to do your furnace work, go to www.darwinawards.com. If you don't know what you are doing, you are risking damage or injury. Hire someone qualified and stay healthy.
Stretch

IMHO: What the majority of people who call themselves, "furnace technicians", do in a furnace tuneup can be done by the home owner.
What you said, is probley done by an elite group of technicians, but then I haven't met them yet.

but thanks Stretch for putting things in perspective.
later,
tom @ www.BookmarkAdmin.com
Tom Sadly, what you say may be true. Many techs are not qualified to call themselves that.
Stretch.