Diverter in Moen Kitchen Faucet

My diverter in my Moen kitchen faucet has gone bad and needs to be replaced.
When I pull the neck of the faucet out, I can see down where the diverter is. Does anyone know how it's supposed to come out?
Do I just get some needle nose pliers and yank it straight up or is there some other more humane method? :-)
Check on line at www.moen.com for instructions and hints and their phone number if all else fails. They are very helpful and often send parts for free if there is a problem.

When I had to replace a diverter in my kitchen sink, I cracked open a shut off valve, and the water pushed the cartridge right out.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.