disk imaging software

What I do to ensure it's a good system is to restore my previous full image. Then I apply all updates, which I have noted in a text file. Then I make a new full image, which I'll restore next time. I use Macrium for that. System image takes less than 2 minutes. The whole deal is about 10-15 minutes, depending on what updates I have to do.

I use Free File Synch to mirror my data, which is kept in *one* folder. It only copies new or changed files.
| So far nobody seems to be distinguishing between their System and Data. | | IMHO, you do *not* want regular backups of you system - only backups of | the last known "Good" system....
That's what I do and I understood Terry to be saying the same thing. I keep data duplicates on other partitions and back that up separately. But there are people who think disk image backup means having a specialized system restore program to do images periodically.