Dishwasher won't fit. Need to take up some ceramic tile.

Let me start by saying that this is entirely my fault. We're redoing our kitchen and we installed the cabinets that sit on the floor. I shimmed and leveled them, screwed them into the wall and they're sitting pretty. Well, we decided after all to install some new floors over the existing peel-&-stick floors currently there. I screwed down the hardibacking, spread the thinset, and laid down some nice white 12"x12" ceramic tiles.
Well, when it came to where we were putting the dishwasher, I figured I would tile underneath it. Big mistake!!!!
I tried installing it this morning and it fits, but it's not level. The top leans forward slightly indicating to me that the back is too high. I checked it with the level, and sure enough, the back is high.
So, it's time to fix this mess. Should I simply chip away the tile in the back until it sits level?
What's the best way of going about doing this? Am I going to crack even more tiles than the ones in the back if I do this? Also, does it need to be tiled in the back?
It's 12"x12" white ceramic tile, 1/8" grout lines, been dry for about a week now. The countertop is screwed in secure, and we've tiled the countertop along with the backsplash, so adjust the countertop height is not an option. We can only dig down.
Thanks for your input, and yes, I'm an idiot.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Just to make sure the most likely scenario isn't appropriate here: is it possible that (like Kenmore and Whirlpool) that the back wheels of the dishwasher are adjustable into multiple positions to lower the unit? On my own Sears unit, it came with the wheels able to snap in one of three different notches, effectively lowering the back of the unit 1/4" and 1/2" from the default (highest) setting.
Art
Arthur Shapiro wrote:

Good Q. It's a Bosch, and you can adjust the back leg height, which I have done, and lowered it to the lowest setting, and the back is still too tall.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: <snip>

Make sure you can't adjust the front too, and then shim it up with plastic shims (wood will rot here, as it's likely to get wet) in the front.
I'd only chip out the back tiles as a last resort.
John
--
Remove the dead poet to e-mail, tho CC\'d posts are unwelcome.
Mean People Suck - It takes two deviations to get cool.
snipped-for-privacy@westnet.poe.com wrote:

Yes, it has front adjustment too, but the thing is that the dishwasher barely fits in as it is (minimum is 34", I have 33 & 7/8" in the front) so it's a tight squeeze already, and there's no room to raise the front. Unfortunately, it seems that the back has to come down.
On 27 Jul 2006 12:04:25 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If it's those screw up-down type feet, try removing the back leveling feet - IF it will give a little more drop in the back (but, they are there for a reason)..
Take the back tiles out....
Oren