Dishwasher with water in the bottom

Hi folks:

The last couple of cycles, I've noticed that my dishwasher hadn't done as good a job as usual on a few pieces, but didn't think much of it. Tonight though, as I'm filling 'er up I happened to notice that there's a bit of water in the bottom. Just a smidgen, at the lower part of the bottom where there's a screen, which in theory filters out some of the gunk before it runs down the pipes.

Does this suggest a clog? If I run my dishwasher now, will I get a flood? And if it IS a clog, is this a DIY job or is professional help required?

Thanks

KD

Reply to
KD

Could be a glog, could be a weak pump, could be too short a time on the timer.

There is a safety switch to prevent overfilling so you should not get a flood. For more information, try

or

Edwin Pawlowski

Our GE had to have two flapper valves replaced. Several theories were tested. Local water has so much trash in it that the rubber-like valves were destroyed. TB

Reply to
tbasc

Our GE had to have two flapper valves replaced. Several theories were tested. Local water has so much trash in it that the rubber-like valves were destroyed. TB

Reply to
tbasc

Dopn't know about all brands but mine turns off the water when it is full enough. No flood, unless that part is broken too.

When my Kenmore wouldn't pump out, it was a tiny chicken bone in the air gap. I still don't know how that kept it from pumping, but it did. it was half of the bone that parallels the big drumstick bone.

mm

Dishwasher can get plugged by food. It typically should empty completely. Remove screen and clean out particles with spoon, or wet vac. Be sure to run garbage grinder a few befor eyou start the dishwasher (if you have one) to clean out any food buildup.

CL

mm wrote:

Reply to
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Reply to
nospambob

Yeah, that was what I thought, too. Fortunately, I noticed in time to prevent a major flood. Ended up siphoning out the water. Said the hell with it, based on age and expected remaining lifespan, and replaced the whole thing.

aem sends....

Reply to
ameijers