Dishwasher wiring

Does a dishwasher need the 240 line or is the standard 120 sufficient?
anthony wrote:

Some commercial dishwashers are 240V or even 3 phase. Most of the home models I have seen are 120V 15 amp or so.
The makers specs should be available for any model.
While all domestic dishwashers that I have seen are 120 volt, some do require a 20 amp circuit.

In Europe it will be 240. In the US, it will be 120.
In my case, there is a receptacle mounted in the sink cabinet and the disposal and DW have cords with plugs that run to it. I don't know if that meets code, but it sure is handy if you have to remove them for service.

In the U.S., nearly all residential dishwashers will be 120V. Commercial units may be 240V.
--
Regards,
Just a side note here, when I installed my dishwasher and disposal I pulled 220 from the box to the plug under the sink. Then I split it at the plug. One side of the plug is switched for the disposal and the other is hot for the dishwasher.
anthony wrote:

IMHO:
You should address this on a by dish washer basis. If you are installing one, get the installation instructions and follow the directions.
Now for the residential models I was looking at, at lowes, were all 120v models. Just my observation.
tom @ www.MedJobSite.com