Dishwasher water backing up

When we use our dishwasher, water sometimes backs up into the kitchen sink drain. What is causing this and how do I correct it?

Thanks!

Reply to
Scott

Try using a plunger in the sink. That is what we do sometimes.

(To send e-mail, remove NOSPAM from address)

Reply to
Brandystew

any time you have a dishwasher or clothes washer draining the water is pumped out real fast.. if you have a blockage after either you have to use a snake to clean it out so the fast removal of the drain water will be able to flow correctly.. unlike a bathtub full of water, if this has a slow drain they it just sits there and eventually goes down a little at a time and you dont notice thats it drain is semi blocked up.....

Reply to
jim

Hi,

Does -sound- more like a slow house drain issue than a dishwasher problem!

Time to snake the drain out or have someone come in to check it out.

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

I find running the disposer helps. TB