DISHWASHER WASH ARMS CLOGGED !!

I have a nine year old GE dishwasher. Recently, after it is through washing, I notice dried soap on the inside of the door, and the dishes are not as clean as they used to be. I opened up the door while it was running, which shuts off the machine, and I saw the problem. When I used to do this, a lot of water would be dripping everywhere, but now, after many years of use, rotating wash arms are evidently clogged up with our well water minerals, and the flow of pressurized water has diminished greatly. Is there anything I could put into the machine while it is in the rinse cycle to dissolve these clogs ??? =======================================================Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
On 11/29/2015 2:48 PM, Ron in NY wrote:

CLR and scrub each nozzle.
Oren wrote:

What Oren said . Got some at WM recently , around 25 bucks with tax for a gallon . Buy the gallon , you'll find all kinds of uses , such as running some thru that slow auto drip coffee maker .
--
Snag

On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 19:48:33 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Ron in NY) wrote:

Might have to take the arms off and do what you do separately.
Get a log skinny bottle or maybe newspaper wrapper, fill it with vinegar an d put one arm in the bottle at a time, leave for 24 hours and then use a wi re poked thru the holes to clear the inside of the arm. This is simple tho rough cleaning of the rotating arms, one at a time.
snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

On 11/29/2015 1:48 PM, Ron in NY wrote:

After you get it clean you might try adding a bit of phosphate with the dish washing soap. You can buy it at Lowe's or (Amazon.com product link shortened) read the reviews on Amazon to learn how and why.
On 11/29/15 2:48 PM, Ron in NY wrote:

Wonder how expensive a couple of replacement arms would be at your local discount appliance parts store or online?
--
Want to close wage gap? Step one: Change your major from gender studies
or feminist dance therapy to electrical engineering.
On 11/30/2015 8:25 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:

Or an appropriately sized twist drill judiciously applied to the plugged spray ports...
On Monday, November 30, 2015 at 9:25:34 AM UTC-5, Wade Garrett wrote:

My first thought was to take off the arms and soak them in vinegar. Could also spray on some CLR, or similar, but I'd check the label for possible effect on any metal present. There are also products specifically made to put in the dishwasher to clean it. They are citric acid based. IDK how effective it would be on built-up scale, but being an acid, it probably would have some effectiveness.
On 11/30/2015 9:25 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:

About $20 to $50 each.

That needs periodic attention. When it's clogged up the water flow is decreased.
--
To use violence is to already be defeated.
-- Chinese proverb
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Ron in NY) writes:

I've had that happen to both the arms in my dishwasher.
I take them out, poke at the holes, rinse under the sink, all the gunk comes out. No big deal.
--
Dan Espen

Dan Espen wrote:

for his health? What about coffee pot, kettle, pots and pans and glasses? Do they stay spic and span clean?
On 12/2/2015 9:29 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

I wonder if it is healthier than bottles water with limited minerals. You do get buildup in the coffee pot but our bodies do need some minerals to work properly.
plastic bottles think bottled water can cause cancer. this is currently being studied
On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 19:48:33 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Ron in NY) wrote:

If its really clogged and hard as a rock your best bet may be to take it out and soak it in pool acid. Assuming it's plastic and not going to dissolve in acid. Be careful with the acid of course.
Still waiting for RON (OP) to tell us what he did and how it worked out.
On 12/5/2015 7:20 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

He'll be back in 9 or so years, no worries.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sat, 5 Dec 2015 16:20:47 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

He is probably afraid to admit his wife bought a new machine.