Dishwasher upper spray arm not turning despite water flowing

Toilet Stinky Paper?

When I was a kid, that's what STP meant, Stinky Toilet Paper. Two generations later, I have learned that STP is Scientifically Treated Petroleum. I'll probably learn what TSP means, in another generation.

.

Brian

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

or if you were in the right circles, in meant 'Serenity Tranquillity and Peace - a really nasty heavy duty psychedelic.

"Back in the 60's substance DOM (2,5-Dimethoxy-4-methylamphetamine) was referred to as STP.

"This compound, unbeknownst to me, was scattered widely and plentifully in the heyday of the Haight-Ashbury in San Francisco, in mid-1967. It was distributed under the name STP, which was said to stand for Serenity, Tranquility, and Peace. It was also claimed to represent Super Terrific Psychedelic, or Stop The Police. The police called it: Too Stupid to Puke. Actually, the name was taken from the initials of a motor additive which was completely unrelated chemically. Incredibly, and sadly, one of the avowed experts in the area of the "sensuous drugs" actually stated that STP, the motor oil additive, was really one and the same as STP, the highly dangerous psychedelic. The motor oil additive, he wrote in a book of his, had properties somewhat related to those of LSD, mescaline, and the amphetamines. How fortunate that the love children of the time didn't do much reading, for they might have gotten into yet deeper pharmacological troubles with drug raids on the local gasoline stations."

See:

The Natural Philosopher

Huh. I always thought STP was "standard temperature and pressure", 0C at normal "sea level" pressure (~14.5psi). ...or a motor oil.

Reply to
krw