Dishwasher TSP

I wonder if there's any health aspects of using TSP on the dishes you put your food on? Does the TSP rinse off completely,or does it leave a residue?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Your body makes polyphosphates plenty. Don't worry about that. Plenty of things to really worry about.
--
Best regards
Han

Have been using it for a while and haven't noticed any problems - well, other than a slight green aura eminating from everyone living in the house, but that means we could get rid of the night lights. Given there's a couple of rinse cycles after the wash cycle, I'm not too worried about it.
I also found a couple of sources for STPP. Curiously enough, it comes in three grades, the highest being food grade, where it's used as a seafood preservative! Will see how that compares to TSP.
On 2/13/2011 2:55 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:

If it left a residue, it's not likely they would shine. And THAT is what we've been missing. Shine.
--
Steve Barker
On 2/13/2011 10:23 AM, Nelly wrote:

ok, where do you get this proposed "STPP" ?
--
Steve Barker

There's someone on eBay selling 10lb bags of the stuff for about $40 including shipping. This place also has it for about the same price:
http://www.chemistrystore.com/Chemicals_S_Z-Sodium_Tripolyphosphate.html
The problem with any heavy bulk material like this is that the shipping costs for small amounts really drive the cost up.
Have no idea how reputable either source is, of course.

Did some further research. It looks like both TSP and STPP have been used as binders for dishwashing and clothes detergent. STPP is a complex phosphate that has lower alkalinity and some other beneficial properties that made it the preferred choice in recent years.
"Robert Neville" wrote in message

Did some further research. It looks like both TSP and STPP have been used as binders for dishwashing and clothes detergent. STPP is a complex phosphate that has lower alkalinity and some other beneficial properties that made it the preferred choice in recent years. ================= And apparently also can be bought in food grade. TSP sales are illegal here, so I figure as long as I have to order it I might as well get the most appropriate thing.
On 2/14/2011 10:40 AM, Nelly wrote:

where is "here" ?
--
Steve Barker
"Steve Barker" wrote in message

where is "here" ?
--
Steve Barker

I did a test load yesterday with about a half a tablespoon of TSP in addition to the regular dishwashing stuff. The one thing that was different was that baked on chocolate cake residue that previously had to be scrubbed off by hand after the dishwasher failed to remove it was almost totally gone.