Dishwasher tripping main breaker

Page 2 of 2

Generally, people who can move double 50 breakers within the panel do their own diagnostic, and don't need to post to usenet.
Might need an electrician to do some diganosis.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Is the DW on its own cirucuit? Ideally it is. How old is the DW? Turn off the circuit, remove the bottom kickplate, and check for leaks, corrosion, loose wires, damaged wires, tight terminal connections.

When I had my floors done a few years ago the guy doing the work told me that while he was working the main (100A) breaker tripped. Even if he pulled the cover off the breaker panel and tied his sander directly to the bus this shouldn't have happened. He said it happened while he was using his chopsaw...
I went down and checked it out. Turned out that one of the entrance wires going to the main breaker was loose. A loose wire going to a breaker, main or otherwise, would be the weak link and generate heat cable of tripping the breaker. ***caution*** If you don't have a disconnect or breaker between your 50A breaker and your service those wires will be live all of the time.