dishwasher sound level

Page 2 of 2
Jud McCranie wrote:

I've been a long time subscriber to both the magazine and the website (redundant - I know). But sometimes I need quick research and I also enjoy just reading the tests/reviews. And online the complete article text is there!
Hope this helps.

Thanks.
Much of furnace noise has to do with the installation too. I've heard of someone putting a rubber (or other material) isolation band between the furnace and main in/out ducts, so that funace vibration is not transmitted down the ducts. Also branch ducts can be flared differently to lessen noise. Wrapping ducts in rigid fiberglass, rubber pads under the furnace feet to stop noise trasmission. Or even just soundproofing the furnace room itself. But it should all start with a quiet unit to begin with. I do music recording in my home studio and quiet would be nice.
Read all about it here:
http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/loudness.html
...scroll down to see...
http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/dB.html