dishwasher - soap doesn't dissolve

Hi all:

I've got a small problem with my dishwasher - as advertised, sometimes the soap is still there in the soap cup after I've done a load, just sitting there in a big lump. The little door opens up, but the soap doesn't go anywhere.

Any idea why this would happen, or do I need to call in some professional help?

Thanks,

KD

Reply to
KD

It happened to me once when the drain was plugged and because it could not pump the water out, it was not bringing in water.

Reply to
Alan

Either the water is not circulating properly or the water temperature is not hot enough, or both.

Check that the spray arms are not clogged, the water inlet for the pump is not clogged and if you have a water temperature booster, be sure it is working.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Powder dissolved before, and neither they nor the little capsules seem to work now.

However, I removed the spray arm apparatus, peeked in the holes, and indeed there was gunk! It took a lot of flushing with hot water and poking with some pointy objects, but I finally dislodged an ancient twist tie from INSIDE the arm! I don't use twist ties, so it must have been the previous owner of the house (we've been here just over a year).

Now if I could just remember the order in which the parts go back together! Yes, I know I should have taken note on paper - not just mental notes! :)

It's an Inglis Sterling, anybody got one?

KD

Reply to
KD

Could be the gunk I removed, I haven't tried it since then. Have to figure out how to get it put back together first!

KD

Reply to
KD

Load the dishwasher properly so the spray arms can rotate freely. Sounds like the spray isn't getting everywhere in the washer. Could also be a plate/etc that you're putting in that blocks the spray from the door.

The only other thing is that the seal on the door is letting water in and making a sticky clump. Considering what a dishwasher needs to clean, this shouldn't make a difference.

Reply to
Noozer

sometimes the

professional

Hi,

Some possible trouble makers:

- filling water is quiting part way through a cycle

- not filling with enough water

- water temp is too low

- not draining properly

- spray arms are not turning ( could be many reasons )

- pump assembly filter(s) clogged up

- spray arm holes clogged up

- soap is old and stale

professional

Need to sort through the above to properly check....or have someone come in and check it for you. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

I've got a newer Matag, and it started doing the same thing. I finally found that I was putting the silverwear basket in the wrong place, and it was blocking the detergent door from being properly "washed" by the spray and/or opening fully. When I moved it over to the side, problem was solved. Sounds dumb, but it's not all that obvious when you have the door open to put in the tabs. I fault Maytag to some *small* degree... A different detergent door location would help. One shouldn't have to be Sherlock Holmes to wash dishes.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Henderson