Dishwasher rinse agent not dispensing

I think the rinse agent (Jet Dry) dispenser in my Kitchen Aid dishwasher isn't dispensing. I filled it about 2 months ago, went to check it today, and it still seems completely full. The dishes look fine though (the washer does a good job). Is there anything simple to check, or is this going to involve taking the door apart to get at anything?

Reply to
Andrew Duane

Hi,

Model#?

Unknown what style yours has.

Probably will!

Some are operated with a wax motor, some operate on a bimetal, some are a solenoid.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi, Plugged up? Take a cap off and look carefully. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

If the dishes look fine, why go looking for trouble? ;>

The only reason I use the rinse aid is because I use "air dry" on my dishwasher and the plastic stuff is covered with water at the end of the cycle if I don't use the rinse aid.

Curly Sue

Your KitchenAid is probably made by Whirlpool, like my Kenmore. Our rinse aid is adjustable. When you open the door to fill there is a plastic arrow pointing to numbers 1-6 (1 is low) to denote setting. Check yours; you might be at 1 or 2. Also, do you have a low rinse aid light? Another point to consider is that when you check your rinse aid, the door is usually all the way open. I believe that this brings the solution to the "top" of the refill hole and it looks fuller than it is. Hold the door up to say a 45 degree and then check. I suspect it won't look as "full".

However, if things are cleaning well, take the extra money you are saving on jet dry and go get a round of golf in!

Reply to
edee em