dishwasher relocation

My existing kitchen is early 1980 vintage and needed an upgrade. The existing kitchen cabinets are build in place, not modular. I much prefer an exact cabinet replacement (dimensional wise) so as not to relocate the existing pluming or the hood exhaust vent. Reface is option but I still ended up with old cabinets and I much prefer to have all new.

The problem is when going with modular the new corner cabinet become a dead space in order to fit the existing sink and dishwasher locations. My dishwasher is to the right of the sink cabinet. I could get a standard 36" corner base cabinet to use the space inside but now my dishwasher doesn't fit. I could move the dishwasher to the other side of the corner cabinet but now its further away from garbage disposer for discharge. The existing dishwasher has only a 6 ft. discharge line and I needed 6 more ft. Is there a flexible extension line to couple to the existing dishwasher discharge line?

Also I like to move the hood a couple of inches to the left or right. The hood exhaust stack is rigid sheet metal (looks like 6" diameter), is there an offset or flex exhaust section available to accomplish this? TIA

Reply to
Fred

Yes to both of the questions.

However both have downsides. If you extend the dw you need to be really careful about the running of the discharge line. Longer means more water left in the hose..

Moving the ductwork side to side can be done with swivel connectors. Providing you have the vertical space that they will take up. Or your going to breaking out the ceiling and installing the swivel connectors up there. Any restrictions you put in the duct will hamper its performance. Yep a offset is an obstruction.

just picked a page at random. You will need 2 of these to make an offset.

Reply to
SQLit