Dishwasher Preferrence

Good to see there are still some other practical people left in America. Des

Reply to
Des Perado

Not there. That kind of money in mid missouri gets you a mc-mansion.

Reply to
Chris Hill

It's not that I wouldn't pay $200 grand for a house, it's simply that you can't buy one around here for that. Any lot/house selling for $200K or less is immediately snapped up by a contractor who proceeds to knock it down and put up a house that sells for $600K+.

Reply to
Jimmy

Sounds like the gotta-have-its have control of the market. Only remedy is to wait them out.

Reply to
Chris Hill

We had a Kitchenaid Superba (not stainless interior) start rusting out after 7 years. Ours is a 2 person household, and we are both careful, responsible people. My mother's dishwasher rusted out, too, but only after 18 years.

Rick

Reply to
Java Man (Espressopithecus)

Was it porcelein? I don't think anyone uses that any more. Just plastic or stainless steel and neither can rust.

Reply to
Art Begun

Miele,Asko,Bosch the only 3 worth buying all others are throw away dw's. for rental apartments.

Reply to
Petro

Rotflmao!! My Mom had a Whirlpool that ran 20 years, I moved into a house with a Maytag that ran 20 years before I got tired of a timer problem and replaced it. I wouldn't pay double for something with a fancy name on it, especially without a good parts network to back it up.

Reply to
Chris Hill

Or a pretty decent hillbilly double-wide...

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

years ago they "were" reliable machines. they just don't make them like they used to.

parts for these brands (Miele,Asko,Bosch) are very easy to find and they have trained and competent service people.

Jenn-Air used to be great too now there just lucky to be good.

any dishwasher under $300 is a throw away machine..........

Reply to
Petro

Doubt that. I know of no dealer for Bosch, Miele or Asco in a town of

100,000. There meay be one, but they sure don't advertise it.
Reply to
Chris Hill

== Sears sells/services Bosch. ==

Reply to
Gini

Purchased a Bosch from Lowe's. SWMBO loves it.

Reply to
El Guapo

Check out Sears. The one here in Nashua, NH had all of the makes you list below, and some. Kidd

Reply to
TheKidd

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 17:32:19 GMT, Chris Hill wrote (with possible editing):

Old Kitchen Aid - metal parts. New Kitchen Aid - plastic. Not a guess, I owned both; wish I still owned the old one. I think Petro's correct.

There is a Bosch dealer in Gorham - a town of less than 3000.

Reply to
L. M. Rappaport

I've been told some of the Bosch models Sears sells have reduced features than what a comparable model sold elsewhere will have.

JFYI

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

== Interesting--With the same manufacturer's model numbers? ==

Reply to
Gini

That's a bunch of B... S...

Reply to
Dave

Close but *slightly* different model number (eg. last digit change only). What I was told was that one model that Sears sold didn't have the adjustable upper rack which allow 14' (?) plates to be washed whereas the comparable model at another retailer did.

It is not uncommon for large chain stores to sell *slightly* changed models so a direct comparison between products at different stores can't made. That helps when those store offer to match the price of "the same model" sold elsewhere, but it isn't.

JMO

Dan O.

Reply to
Dan O.

Wow! *THIS* dishwasher I'd like to see. It must be as big as a house!

Reply to
xymergy