Dishwasher not drawing water correctly

I live in Air Force housing and therefore I am unable to make an alterations to the house.
I only have space and plumbing (1 hot and 1 cold) for one appliance. I have my washing machine within the space which only requires the cold water outlet as it heats itself.
My dishwasher I therefore have had to place on the counter top above the washing machine, with the water coming from the hot water outlet from behind the washing machine. Becasue I am unable to make any holes in the counter top I have to run the hose to the front edge of the counter top and then run around to the back of the dishwaser.
The problem is the dishwasher sometimes has problems drawing sufficient water to operate properly. Is there a way around this without making holes in the counter top? Would it be better having the washing machine on the top and the dishwasher below, or would that just create a problem with the washing machine?
Thank you very much, in advance, for any advice that you can give.
Glenn

Quit the Air Force.
A bit of a defeatist response, but fair comment!
On 14 Jul 2005 15:07:52 -0700, in alt.home.repair RE: Re: Dishwasher not drawing water correctly "Glenn Richardson"
IMO it was a bullshit comment from an asshole.
--
Slimes Daily Motto: 1) Tax & Spend 2) Change the constitution to make
it easier to do (1).