Dishwasher NOT ADJACENT sink

Page 3 of 4

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 07:14:47 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

And I thought Howard Hughes had died years ago!
Actually there was a 60 minutes type article on this a few years back. I'd remove the screens and look underneath. You should clean these at least every 3 months or so..
Dishwashers are for suckers and professional consumers (which is what most 'mericans have become). It's actually easier and healthier to clean as you go. Don't shoot the messenger. Just trying to point out the ridiculousness of these contraptions and maybe save a life or 2.....Geez...
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Geez, I thought I had plonked webtv long ago. Oh, well . . .
--John
On Thu 24 Jul 2008 08:08:10p, told us...

Some machines do not have removable screens and don't require any such maintenance. Those that do should certainly be inspected and cleaned.

It is neither easier nor healthier to clean as you go. That's only your opinion. I suppose you'd also rather see people beating their clothes on rocks in a stream than use a washing machine. I'm surprised you use a computer. Don't they cause cancer? Oh, that's right...you don't use a computer, you use your television to connect to the Web.
You seem to be severely technophobic, so there's no reasoning or arguing with you.
I have lived with and used dishwashers since 1956 and have never had any problem with the way they clean nor with sanitation of the unit.
I thought I had Webtv users block. I must look into that.
--
Wayne Boatwright
I thought I had Webtv users block. I must look into that.
--
=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=
=A0Wayne

As you wish.
<plonk>
--
Wayne Boatwright
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 23:08:10 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Holy Crap!
On Tue 22 Jul 2008 03:35:11a, Mikepier told us...

I realize that. They are not a substitute for a garbage disposal unit, in fact, they clearly will not handle larger pieces of food. However, it doesn't take rinsing to prep the dishes. Scraping off food particles/ residue is sufficient.
--
Wayne Boatwright

Yes you can get both grinding and non-grinding in America, the ones with grinders run louder. Soft food can get through my non-grinder fine, but I make sure nothing hard like a cherry pit goes into the DW. Mine drains into the garbage disposal through a flexible 1 inch hose raised in the middle. Never had a clog in 12 years, heavy twice/ thrice a day use, drain hose has to run about 5 or 6 feet to sink.

pipe. Do the math. No solids of any sort should go down a sink pipe. Even if you do have a disposal, how would the dishwasher run-off water get run through it? Do you run the disposal the entire time the dishwasher is draining? And is the water outflow even connected above the disposal. No. The outflow is connected below the disposal, so no, food should NEVER go in a dishwasher.
You can obsess about it all you want, but I've never had a problem. I run the disposal before the DW and the DW drains through the disposal. Perhaps your house has problems with faulty plumbing, but please don't admonish those of us that do not.
snipped-for-privacy@searchmachine.com wrote:

Lemme guess, you've never actually seen a garbage disposal. Most of them have built in connectors for dishwasher drains and those connectors are at the top, not the bottom. Don't believe me, go down to Home Depot and examine the display models.
--John
snipped-for-privacy@searchmachine.com writes:

When we moved into our current house, it had a disposal and the dishwasher drain hose was connected to a fitting on the side of the disposal's grinding chamber. So any solid "chunks" in the drain water could sit around in the disposal until the next time it ran. However, the dishwasher itself had a fine screen on the pump inlet, so there shouldn't have been any chunks in the drain water - the disposal hookup was unnecessary.
    Dave
h wrote:

I don't know where yours goes but mine goes right into the garbage disposal.
--John
Perhaps YOUR's doesn't have a grinder. Well there's a chopper down there on mine and the hose leaving the DW is only 3/4 inch, and it dumps into a 1-1/2" line. I rekon it's no worse than some people shoving everything under the sun down the garbage disposal. It all ends up in the same place. I don't really see where it's disgusting. It's just food.

Yes, mine has a "grinder", not that I'd ever expect that to do anything. It's disgusting because all that food will eventually clog and back up into the sink. It takes two seconds to rinse the dishes. I guess that's why advertisers talk about "stuck on food". What they really mean is "lazy people".
On Mon 21 Jul 2008 09:48:17p, h told us...

Don't you suppose that's why dishwasher manufacturer's have designed machines to accomodate the "lazy people"?
I have had dishwashers in every home I've ever lived in since childhood and never ever had any type of clogging problem, much less any disgusting problem caused by not rinsing the dishes. Hell, if I have to rinse them, I might as well just wash them by hand. Zeesh!
--
Wayne Boatwright
on 7/22/2008 12:52 AM Wayne Boatwright said the following:

and from now on, I will not rinse my dishes before putting them into the dishwasher. Zeesh!
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I really don't care how you use *your* dishwasher. I was only pointing out that your information about them was incorrect.
Cheers!
--
Wayne Boatwright

I heard you throw your meal into the dishwasher and jump in there and eat the food in there.
Exactly.