Dishwasher no longer has power

I have a MDB6601AWB black maytag dishwasher that is new and was installed about 3 weeks ago. It has worked fine until today when it apparently stopped working mid-cycle. There is no power (no lights work on the display) and there is still water in the bottom of the tub. I am pretty repair-illiterate. There are no indications the power went off in my house for any period of time (computers are working all right, no clocks blinking 12:00, etc.) Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks, Laurel

Reply to
Fanny

Check the circuit breaker (the grey box in the wall with all those "switchy" looking things in it). Bet the one for the D/W is tripped. (facing the wrong way). Flick it back and forth a time or two and leave it set to the same side the other ones are.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Cleburne

You were right -- should have checked that first. Boy, do I feel like an idiot. Thanks!

Laurel

Reply to
Fanny

"You were right -- should have checked that first. Boy, do I feel like an idiot. Thanks! "

Of course the remaining question is why did it trip? Are there other loads on the circuit so that the total for the breaker is exceeded when something else is on? Until you figure out what's going on, I'd keep an eye on the dishwasher, ie don't have it running and leave the house or set it to go on in the middle of the night.

Reply to
trader4

Hi, Breaker does not usually trip to off position. It sits in the middle between on and off position when tripped. To reset it, turn it off and back on. If it trips again, time to check dish washer for jammed motor for one. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Some models go to off. My GFI breaker stops at the middle, but the others go all the way.

BTW, I'm not crazy about turning this one on and off more than necessary, because the dishwasher microprocessor is always On, and shouldn't have its power turned on and off, aiui.. For the same reason I'd rather use the reset button on the computer than turn the power off and on. They tell me it is better to use the reset button (except in rare cases where that doesn't reset it enough. And with Compaq computers which for some stupid reason don't have them.)

mm