Dishwasher making vibrating noise

Hello,
I have a Kenmore dishwasher that's only a few months old, installed myself. Some weeks after being installed, it started making a hellacious vibrational noise at startup and again at a few select moments in its cycling. The noise can sometimes last for several minutes. I found that sometimes turning on the kitchen tap puts an immediate stop to the noise, so I'm thinking this is maybe a venting problem?
Is this likely to be a problem with the dishwasher installation, or could the problem be somewhere else in the pipes and only show up as vibration with the dishwasher?
Any help is appreciated.

Could be the fill valve is not opening properly. The water flowing through is causing the vibration and opening a faucet changes the pressure and stops it.
Hi,
Brian Anderson wrote:

Don't get too deep into the d.w and void your warranty!

A good chance that they will replace the fill valve, it may not be opening or closing properly and causing the pipes to bang. I would check your install in case something is touching or against somthing else and banging creating the noise. jeff. Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /
Thanks for the replies, Edwin and Jeff.
The Sears repairman came out today, replaced the fill valve, and the vibration is gone.
Thanks for your help!
Brian
Thankx for the update!! :) jeff. Appliance Repair Aid http://www.applianceaid.com /