Dishwasher leaves grit on dishes

Page 1 of 2

Hello,
my Kenmore diskwaher leave grit and garbage on my dishes. this is not from the dishes that are put in it. the arems move ok and are not clogged. drain is not clogged. seems to be heating and filling ok? any suggenstions hot to fix this? is there a buildup of gunk someplace.
thanks
BM wrote:

Take it to the nearest bridge and drop it in the river. Then go buy a real dishwasher. On second thought, you don't need one, they are energy wasters. Do dishes by hand.
Van Chocstraw wrote:

Dishwashers are well proven to both clean better and use less water and energy than hand washing dishes (presuming you run it with a reasonable sized load).
Pete C. wrote:

Only for idiots who run the hot rinse water continuously. I KNOW I use much less water than a dish washer. All I need is a small bowl with soapy water and a sponge. Turn the water on, rinse, shut the water off. Some people are so stupid and run a full sink of water and run the hot water the whole time for rinsing. A dish washer fills and empties several times using hot water all the time and use an electrical element to dry like an oven. Total waste of power. And sometimes they don't even get all the crud off. You either have to Pre-wash or wash again after. Really STUPID!

How much water would you estimate that you use to wash 10 dinner plates, 10 smaller plates, 30 utensils, 6 bowls and 12 cups or glasses?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

You're lying. Don't lie. The only other option is that you don't rinse the soap off sufficiently or you don't use enough soap to have clean dishes.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

take long to rinse the soap off a plate both sides under the faucet with a slow trickle.

With 2 gallons, that would be just under 4 ounces of water per item. Not possible. Good luck.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

spoon. 1 gallon.

Oh. In that case, your theory about using less water than a dishwasher just went right down the drain, and I'm sure you won't understand why.
On Fri 02 Oct 2009 09:45:28a, Van Chocstraw told us...

We normally have enough items to fill a dishwasher on a daily basis, which does make more efficient use of the amount of water required.
--

~~ If there\'s a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it. ~~

He's having a bit of difficulty with the arithmetic. Maybe this will help, although I doubt it:
"As of August 11, 2009, ENERGY STAR qualified dishwashers are required to use 5.8 gallons of water per cycle or less. Older dishwashers use much more water than newer models. A dishwasher purchased before 1994 uses about 8 additional gallons of water in each cycle compared to a new ENERGY STAR qualified model."
http://energystar.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/energystar.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid%39
Even an older dishwasher would do better than the gallon "per place setting" he's talking about.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

http://energystar.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/energystar.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid%39
On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 15:27:12 -0400, Van Chocstraw

Actually, he's absolutely correct.
On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 12:45:49 -0400, Van Chocstraw

I warsh my dish in the crick behind my trailer with homemade soap! Sometime I even warsh the dog dish like that too!
-snip-

You gots a dog and still needs to warsh dishes? Whatsit crippled in the mout or sumpin?
Jim
Jeff The Drunk wrote:

On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 14:14:21 -0400, Van Chocstraw

I warsh mine once in the spring when the ice on the crick thaws and once in the fall befer it freezes. Then I let the dawg lick em clean inbetween.
Jeff The Drunk wrote:

People with dogs don't need no toilet paper.