Dishwasher leaves debris on door seal and door

My Kennore dishwasher started leaving food debris on the door seal and the door where the seal meets the door. At first, it was leaving debris on the dishes too, but I ran it empty a few times with a cup of vinegar in it. Worked at first, but now there is debris on the door gasket and door, but not on the dishes. It does not leak. What could be the problem? It is about 10 years old, top of the line at the time.
--
Gloria

run machine empty and open fast while running.
are the spray arms moving and water coming ut all the sprayer arm holes
meant to say open door fast

Isn't that an Old Wive's tale?
I don't think you can ever open the doors fast enough.
But, dishwashers, even made 10 years ago, have some kind of mini garbage disposal element. Sounds like that may malfunctioning.
don't think you can ever open the doors fast enough.
Well I can certinally open it fast enough to still see water coming out of the arms, and them still moving, at least a little
A better way, put a cup or glass upright in each corner of the upper rack. After running for 60 seconds or so they shoud all be nearly full.

Stop the machine half way through. Can you put your hand in the water and hold it there? I thought so.

Check for proper water fill level. If low, may be galvanized fitting in supply grown heavily with rust. Diaphragm on water valve in some models swells with age and will not fill sufficiently- require valve replacement.
--
Mr.E

Thank you for your helpful response regarding my question. I appreciate it very much. The water level is normal.
What has happened to this normally intelligent and helpful NG? I have posted questions before and received HELPFUL responses that I appreciated. These stupid games are of no use to me! Is there another NG I can rely on for help with home repair problems?
wrote:

Check for proper water fill level. If low, may be galvanized fitting in supply grown heavily with rust. Diaphragm on water valve in some models swells with age and will not fill sufficiently- require valve replacement.
--
Mr.E

You didn't answer my question. Stop the machine half way through. Can you put your hand in the water and hold it there?
Yes....
wrote

You didn't answer my question. Stop the machine half way through. Can you put your hand in the water and hold it there?

Your water needs to be 140 degrees minimum. Some dishwashers heat the water to the ideal temperature and some don't. Make sure your heater is working. You can check this by putting the dishwasher in the heated dry cycle for several minutes. The heater is the black thing in the tub. It gets very hot so don't touch it, use a soaked rag. If it's hot you'll hear the steam when you touch the wet rag to it.
If the heater is not working you'll need a service call to find out why. Anyway, luke warm to cool wash water will cause exactly the problem you describe. Good luck with it. I would be happy to answer any other questions you may have.
Ed, the heater is working. I tested it again after I was sure the heat water cycle had completed. The water was very hot! Thank you for your suggestion.

Your water needs to be 140 degrees minimum. Some dishwashers heat the water to the ideal temperature and some don't. Make sure your heater is working. You can check this by putting the dishwasher in the heated dry cycle for several minutes. The heater is the black thing in the tub. It gets very hot so don't touch it, use a soaked rag. If it's hot you'll hear the steam when you touch the wet rag to it.
If the heater is not working you'll need a service call to find out why. Anyway, luke warm to cool wash water will cause exactly the problem you describe. Good luck with it. I would be happy to answer any other questions you may have.
On 2/19/06 2:19 AM, in article 43f8171e$1 snipped-for-privacy@newspeer2.tds.net, "Gloria"

Sounds like the water isn't getting pumped out between cycles.. Check the hole in the bottom where the water goes out, and the discharge hose for a plug..
As for newsgroups, it's a place for many people to feel superior to someone else.. Even if they're not..
Thank you....but I can't see a hole in the bottom, it must be under this big round thingy that is attached. Will I run into major problems putting it back?
wrote:> Thank you for your helpful response regarding my question. I appreciate it

Sounds like the water isn't getting pumped out between cycles.. Check the hole in the bottom where the water goes out, and the discharge hose for a plug..
As for newsgroups, it's a place for many people to feel superior to someone else.. Even if they're not..

Quite honestly, I think you got exactly what you paid for so what exactly are you complaining about? Bubba

http://fixitnow.com/faq.htm
Great site....very helpful...Thanks!
http://fixitnow.com/faq.htm
My dishwasher is a Kenmore, model # 665.1684991. It has a food grinder feature.
My Kennore dishwasher started leaving food debris on the door seal and the door where the seal meets the door. At first, it was leaving debris on the dishes too, but I ran it empty a few times with a cup of vinegar in it. Worked at first, but now there is debris on the door gasket and door, but not on the dishes. It does not leak. What could be the problem? It is about 10 years old, top of the line at the time.
--
Gloria

Gloria wrote:

Too much food on your dishes when you put them into the washer. Also check that the drain filter screen is clear of old food.
--
Thank you,