Dishwasher latch

I'm looking at new dishwashers to replace my existing Kenmore (Electrolux) dishwasher (standard built in model). Anyway, one of the thing I've noticed that's different about all the new ones is the latch that holds the door shut. They seem quite flimsy to me. All you do is push them in and a cheap piece of plastic in the door looks like it just barely latches on a metal plate. For comparison purposes, my exisitng dishwasher uses a system that is more robust where you have to move a bar across the front (reminds me more of a window latch) and it's all metal. Am I worrying about this too much or not?

I also have to question the wisdom of the tall tub designs too. I'd rather have some of the working parts of the dishwaser at the bottom where I can potentially get to them from the front instead of necessarily having to pull it out if I have a problem.

Reply to
scott21230