Dishwasher has started to leave streaks on the dishes

I have an Asko mid-range dishwasher that's about 10-12 years old. In the last two weeks, it's started leaving streaks all over the dishes and on the stainless interior. I'm not talking about a few minor streaks--these are major whitish streaks and blobs that make the glasses and stainless look unwashed. I had been using Cascade gel and Jet Dry rinse (as always) but switched to Cascade powder to see if that would be any better. It isn't.

Any ideas what could have gone wrong?

Reply to
JA

Your water supply is "hard". Loaded with minerals... time to get a water softener.

As an aside, the Cascade powder is good stuff. I've never been able to get a good wash with any gels or tablets. The WalMart "Great Value" powder is suspiciously comparable to Cascade.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

If you really want a "Great Value" see if a $Dollar store has small boxes of dish washing detergent.

OR Family Dollar or Dollar General usually have a $2 box that's the same size as $3 at WM and nearly $4 branded as Cascade.

Reply to
John Gilmer

too low water temp can cause that, turn hot water tank up a little, or set dishwasher to heat water and make sure it really is.

are you using a rinse agent?

Reply to
hallerb