Dishwasher fault

I have a SMEG dishwasher that sometimes stops mid cycle (between programme position 3 and 4). Think it may be something to do with salt system as I'm sure the level of salt in the dishwasher affects how often it stops. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Paul.

programme
as I'm

Anyone
I would not go for salt, as they should run without salt, it is only to soften the water. A clue would be what the dishwasher is doing when it stops, i.e. filling, emptying, heating etc., but if it is intermittent, then it is usually hard to diagnose. Could be a faulty timer, faulty water inlet valve, pump, or heater.
--
Gavin Gillespie
Giltbrook

Or could be because the water going in is colder and taking longer to heat before the machine continues to wash.
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Gavin Gillespie wrote in message ...

I agree. You'll have to determine what it is suppose to be doing at the time of failure. If heating the water, if the element isn't coming on (for whatever reason eg. bad heater, open thermostat, etc.), the timer may not advance.
There is usually a wiring diagram on most appliances and they will often have a 'timing chart' for the timer/control. Look to see if you can determine exactly what it's suppose to be doing at that time, then check the various components responsible for it to see why it isn't.
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+dishwasher
=~~~~~~

the time

(for
may not

As an afterthought, it might be worth checking the plug and socket, because if it is happening when heating, a loose connection could be causing a high resistance there, also add faulty on/off switch to previous list.
--
Gavin Gillespie
Giltbrook