Dishwasher faces

Doesn't anyone know if any of the manufacturers still produce inter-changable faces to change the clor of the front of a dishwashers? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Jim Tiberio

Mine came with the colored faces. They are behind the color face that is showing on the door of the dishwasher so the color face can be changed at any time. Dishwasher is a few years old now, so don't know if the manufacturers supply the color faces currently. My dishwasher is an Admiral. Des

dishwashers?

Reply to
Des Perado

Hi,

Most of the major manufactures have gone to a wrap-around panal on the d/w's front = no flat panals liek before. There still is the odd new model with reverable/changeable panals but most are not any more.

Coloured panals for older d/w's are usually still available :)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

If your dishwasher make and model (whatever that is) was designed to accept interchangeable, replacement panels are likely still available. If you post your dishwasher's brand name and model we can check to see what's available.

If you're looking to purchase a new dishwasher with that option, you'd have to check around. Many of the manufacturers have done to 1 piece door and access panels for the styling. On those if you wanted to change the panel colour, you'd have to replace the panels (or get the originals repainted).

JMO

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

It's for an older relative who wants a certain color that I can't find in a brand he wants. Thanks.

Reply to
Jim Tiberio

Thanks Jeff. It's for an older relative who wants a dark cream kind of color we can't seem to find with the bigger name companies. The old one is on it's last leg and needs to be replaced and he refuses to take silver, black or white.

Reply to
Jim Tiberio

Some manufacturers have "integrated" models that accept custom-built face panels, so that your dishwasher (and fridge) look like part of the cabinetry. You'd have to find a cabinet maker who could create a suitable face panel - or maybe the panel from the old DW could be adapted as a DIY job?

However, this is not an economy option - the customizable models tend to be at the high end of the makers' lines.

An example is at

Chip C

Reply to
Chip C

You may be describing "almond". I don't think any companies are using that colour any loner, they should either have "bisque" or "biscuit" (depending on the brand) though which is a slightly darker shade than almond. If that colour isn't acceptable, you may have to replace or paint a new model's panels.

JFYI. You can find almond appliance spray paint at the following link:

(should be on one line)

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Hi,

?Dark cream? colour....almond?....older almond colour was a beige/almond colour which has been discontinued and replaced with a lighter colour called bisque.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

My Maytag came with two panels. Each is painted different colors on each side. They are held in place by the bezel surrounding them. There are a few screws holding them in place. If your dishwasher came with two different panels, check paint stores for a can of spray paint the color you want or take a panel to a auto paint/body shop and have them paint it the color you want.

produce

dishwashers?

Reply to
Frank K.