Dishwasher electrical connections

I'm replacing the water valve on my Frigidaire Model FDB636GFR2 Dishwasher.

Two wires connect, via slip-on connectors, to the solenoid on the water valve. One wire is white and the other wire is orange. Which wire goes to which terminal of the solenoid?

Reply to
gary

No difference.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Hi Al,

I Google'd: Which wire goes to which terminal of the solenoid? dishwasher

The first result ("How To Replace a Dishwasher Inlet Valve") says, in Step 5: "Identify which wire goes to which terminal before removing the wires".

That would lead me to think that it DOES matter which wire goes to what terminal. Can you clarify?

Gary

Reply to
gary

Hi Al,

I Google'd: Which wire goes to which terminal of the solenoid? dishwasher

The first result ("How To Replace a Dishwasher Inlet Valve") says, in Step 5: "Identify which wire goes to which terminal before removing the wires".

That would lead me to think that it DOES matter which wire goes to what terminal. Can you clarify? (I don't want to blow up the dishwasher by cross-wiring.)

Gary

Reply to
gary

Since you don't like Al's answer, guess you shoulda Google'd before you jumped in.

Reply to
curmudgeon

doesn't matter.

Steve Barker

According to gary :

As a general rule, mapping out electrical connections before you take them apart is a good habit to get into.

However, in the case of a 120V AC solenoid valve, it doesn't matter which way around the leads are, and most DWs will have exactly that.

Reply to
Chris Lewis