dishwasher door gasket loose

We have a dishwasher that is leaking water onto the floor. It is clear that the rubber strip right under the door (door gasket?) is loose. One end is attached while the opposite end is detached. Do I just glue it back on or do I need to buy a new part? If I glue it back on, what kind of glue should I use? Thanks for any advice.
I've glued on the 2 vertical portions of my Sears DW with clear silicone rubber. Did that more than 2 years ago and it only came loose ONE time. Another quick application and it'll stay stuck again for a long time. Make sure the surfaces are dry and oil free. LET IT CURE THOROUGHLY before using the DW. Wait AT LEAST a day.
dave
tenplay wrote:

Hi,
What kind of d/w?....model#? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps if needed.

If really needed a d/w safe ( and dish safe ) silicone should work well.... http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&Ng9589 White silicone adhesive, specially formulated for use in the dishwashers.
jeff.