Dishwasher - don't rinse first?

Page 4 of 5
On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 15:55:05 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

Then it's a lousy floor plan. Laundry space should be minimized so other space can be maximized.

At a couple of hundred bucks a square foot, yes, wasted space *is* a bad idea.

Ok, this is the point where i waste typing time as I try to reason with you and point out a few facts. Before you reply with your typically "Idiot", take a second a think about what I am I about to write.
Look at the laundry room pictured in the link. Also, imagine my laundry room where the washer door opens across a stack of coolers. In both cases, the space is not used nor will ever be used for anything, therefore there is no impact from the open washer door.
In concept you are right, in reality, not always.
On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 18:22:55 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

OK, so you already know you're an idiot. Next...

It's still wasted space. Stack of coolers? You'll have to show a picture.
You still haven't addressed the issue of the open door being a reliability issue.

Only an idiot couldn't picture a stack of coolers in the space between a washer and a sink. Get out your crayons and draw your own picture.

Never planned to and still don't.
Let's see...
The door is opened over an area of the floor that is never, ever used unless I need to grab a cooler, so there is no wasted floor space. Only an idiot would have trouble with that concept.
Oh, hey look, there's 4 sq ft of always usable space on top of my front loader, more space than the open door would waste even if it was wasting space, which, by the way, it isn't. I'm pretty sure you don't have 4 sq ft of always useable space on top of your top loader.
You know what's wasted? The time spent trying to have an intelligent discussion with you.
On Sat, 7 Dec 2013 22:03:23 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

Coolers? Ice chests? Refrigerators? Air conditioners? "Coolers" is ambiguous, dumbshit.
If you're stacking shit in front of your washing machine you really are a loser.

Of course not. You're only interested in arguing your stupid point.

So you don't have a laundry. You have a washing machine in your storage room. Got it. I should have guessed that you were trailer trash.

Cabinets. It's better storage space than the floor. But go ahead and live like a slob.

Only because the whole concept is foreign to you.

Idiot. Do you actually believe the crap you write? Oh wait, I almost forgot (not really) that you will never, ever admit you're wrong, so you keep changing the subject.
Do a Google image search on "coolers". Tell me what the overwhelming majority of the images are. Actually, don't bother. Ignoring any further posts from you is going to be so much easier than trying to talk sense into you. If you actually think that I meant I have a stack of refrigerators or air conditioners next to my washing machine, you are more of an idiot than I already think you are.

Idiot. I said (twice) "between the washer and sink", not in front of the washer.

Idiot. Because I'm right, something you'll never admit.

Idiot. Go back and read where I stated which room the coolers are in.

Idiot. Cabinets hanging on the wall don't preclude available space on top of the washer. I have both. You?

Idiot. The whole concept of you being wrong is very familiar to me.
On Sun, 8 Dec 2013 00:01:44 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

Do you even read the drivel you write? I suppose not. You're illiterate.

The word, as used, is ambiguous. But you answered the question; you're trailer trash.

Then you're FOS WRT the wasted space an open door takes. What a liar.

No, because, not only are you wrong but you're too stupid to write clearly.

What a dumbass.

You're not smart enough to breathe but that's nothing new.
On Sat 07 Dec 2013 03:03:23p, DerbyDad03 told us...

Amen to all of this and your previous comnments to krz. He really doesn't recognize who the idiot in the room is. Hmmm... Maybe if he had a mirror. :-)

...snip...

...snip...

You know that annoying habit of his to always have the last word, even if it adds nothing to the discussion? Well, it's interesting that he never comments when you prove him wrong by providing documentation that he can't refute. He never comes back and says "My bad" or "I didn't know that". If he can't use his pretzel logic to twist the discussion the way he wants it to go, he just doesn't respond. Typical coward.
On Sun, 8 Dec 2013 23:39:36 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

You *are* a typical lefty; always lie. Now, you can have the last word, liar.
On Sat 07 Dec 2013 07:57:43a, told us...

Obviously, there is no possibility of actually discussing or explaining anything to you, since you apparently _always_ have to be right and haved the last word.
Bye!

Wait for it...I sense the word "idiot" being pounded into krw's keyboard right now. ;-)
On 07 Dec 2013 16:18:03 GMT, Wayne Boatwright

You can go away at any time. You won't hurt my feelings.

Good riddance.
On Sat 07 Dec 2013 09:54:32a, told us...

I'm going away from you as fast as I can. You are a total waste of space on this planet or any other. My last words...

On 08 Dec 2013 03:02:49 GMT, Wayne Boatwright

Good. Now go away.

My dishwasher just scraps the plates into the trash can before washing. She better, if she doesn't want another black eye.

You and me are the same kind brother. The first time my old lady didn't get me a beer, I knocked her front teeth out. Nothing like putting an old bag in her place, eh?

I know what you mean. I remember I was listening to Hannity, the bitch was making a ruckus, while fixin dinner. This was the second time I broke her friggin beak for her. She threatened to call the man, and I slammed her to the ground. Kicked her in the ribs, breaking a few of them. She whined like a baby for about a week before I told her to walk to the hospital in the snow. She's lucky I let her put a pair of shoes on.

Why would she bother washing them after she'd scrapped them?

I'd give SWMBO a black eye for scrapping the dishes instead of washing them.
On 11/13/2013 3:34 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

I'd suppose it is just a marketing gimmick....I see no reason NOT to rinse dishes other than to save a little time. There is a lot of crap built into appliances nowdaays that is designed by engineers who have probably never done housework :o) I rinse, just because my logic tells me that they will be cleaner with less gunk in the water. Today, for the first time, I noticed small particles of stuff on the drain strainer in my dw...couple of bits of brussel sprouts and a couple of little chips of plastic. The plastic looked totally unfamiliar and can't imagine where it came from...perhaps from some new purchase I sent through dw prior to using it. Ennyhoo, unless most food comes off dishes with a quick scrape, I'll rinse the majority of it, or soak if dried on (that doesn't happen much now that I'm retired:o)