Dishwasher Dispenser Doesn't Open Until Dry Cycle

I have a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher (which I believe is a rebadged Bosch) that's about a year or 2 old and I noticed that the soap dispenser now doesn't open until the drying cycle. There is most of the dishwasher gel still running down the inside of the door when I open the dishwasher to empty it. So, the soap obviously wasn't used during the wash cycles.
The dispenser door isn't stuck closed because it does open consistently, but during the dry cycle instead of the wash cycle. I rewashed the dishes a second time and it happened both times.
Is there anything I can do to fix this or does it need to repaired by the technician?

likely bad control board. assuming the door that doesnt open moves freely. $$$$$
bosch machines clean better and are the quietest dishwashes ever built.
unfortunately they are the least reliable and most expensive to repair ever built:(:(:(
nearly all the parts in a bosch that ever fail are located in a pan thats the entire bottom of the machine......
nice they cant leak, machine has float in base that detects leak and turns machine off.
unfortunately you must disassemble the entire bottom of the machine to do much of anything.... including replacing failed float detector module.
this just makes it being unreliable worse. it makes it very expensive........
plus most parts are expensive modules $$
please post your experiences so we can compare..........
I tossed my 2 year old bosch in the trash after it broke 3 times in 2 years...... twice out of warranty. consumer reports bosch dead last for being reliable, they earned that position........
nearly all the parts in a bosch that ever fail are located in a pan thats the entire bottom of the machine...... ==Not my experience or the experience of Bosch owners I know. My high end Bosch always has control board failures and I can now change it myself in about 10 minutes. Yep--a $150. part (unless it's within the 5 year warranty on the board--I got three new ones that way--didn't cost me a dime) and 10 minutes is all it takes ;-). Oh, and there is that detergent dispenser door that won't stay closed and the failure of the plastic arm that carries the water to the top level. They just don't make plastic like they used to. There's all kinds of stuff that goes bad above that pan. ==

well when my control board failed 3 days after purchase. sears sent two guys for 2 hours.
your report of control board failures matches my experience, stuff should last longer than your boards.
my last failure was a pump, about 200 bucks plus either install myself or tear the entire bottom apart service quote 500 bucks.
I bought a whirpool for 400 bucks and am pleased.
even the service company said it wasnt wqorth fixing my bosch at 2 years old the pump was out of warranty.
wonder if sears bosch have 5 year warranty, I looked at bosch when shopping sears bosch machine had one year warranty i think......... in any case bosch machines appear trouble prone
my last failure was a pump, about 200 bucks plus either install myself or tear the entire bottom apart service quote 500 bucks.
I bought a whirpool for 400 bucks and am pleased.
even the service company said it wasnt wqorth fixing my bosch at 2 years old the pump was out of warranty.
wonder if sears bosch have 5 year warranty, I looked at bosch when shopping sears bosch machine had one year warranty i think..... ===There is a one year warranty on the machine and five years on the board. At least there was on mine--They may have changed this--My machine is over five years old now.
FL wrote:

Forget it. Just chunk one of those solid dishwasher pellets in when you close the door.

I decided to try resetting it. I couldn't access the power plug so I went to the circuit breaker and turned it off and on. I ran another load of dishes and this time there was no soap running down the door, so it looks like it opened earlier and was washed away. I also just found out that the Kenmore Elite models have a 2 year warranty, so it's still under warranty. I'll call them it it happens again and I'll think of getting an extended warranty for another couple of years. If it breaks later than that, I'll just replace it and go with a more reliable model.
The main reason I got this model is because it's supposed to be super quiet. The wash cycles are almost silent, but I still hear way too much noise coming out of the sink when it drains the water, so it wasn't worth paying extra for the quiet dishwasher. It has a delay program, but I don't use it because there is no pre- heating and if it starts in the middle of the night, it will be using cold water in the first cycle until new hot water from the water heater reaches the kitchen. Next time I'll get one with water pre-heating and just use delay start instead of getting a "quiet" dishwasher..