Dishwasher Buttons Peeling Off

Hi,
I had a whirlpool dishwasher and it seemed like after a few years, the "start" button on the front control panel started to crack around the circle indentation, then finally came off.
I got rid of that whirlpool dishwasher (kitchen remodel), and the new kitchen has another whirlpool dishwasher. This dishwasher is about 6 months old (at the most), and the same exact thing is happening to the 'start' button as well!
I remember seeing something at home depot that repairs the buttons, but I forget what it's called and I can't find anything relating to this. I was hoping somebody can shed some light on this problem!
Thanks!

What's the warranty? If still in effect, have you called them?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Until I got Whirlpool to send me the replacement part for free, I'd make a hillbilly repair by coating the button pad with that clear tape like you use to hold window film on window frames in winter. Wipe the buttons down with rubbing alcohol first. This is one of those squishy button pads like they put on everything these days, right?
I miss mechanical knobs and buttons....
-- aem sends...

You need the panel membrane that covers the buttons. You can get one from http://www.repairclinic.com /
Peel the old one off using a hair dryer to help release the sticky, and apply the new one as you would a decal.