Dishwasher black film in tub

I cleaned my Electronic Air Filter in my dishwasher. After cleaning the filters I notice a black film in the tub of the dishwasher. I tried "Tang", vinegar, "Dishwasher Magic" to remove the film. I changed my dishwashing solution to Trader Joes from "Electrasol 2 in 1 tabs Jet-Dry Powerball" Any advice on how to remove this film?

Thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul

Thanks Paul

Did you try wiping it with a rag? Honest, if it is a heavy, fine residue, it may not wash away but may wipe away.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

First, please don't post in HTML...

Secondly, you don't wash carbon filters in the dishwasher. The black stuff you are seeing is most likey some kind of charcoal residue and it should wipe off.

Thanks Paul

Reply to
Noozer

Use WD40, don't laugh until you try it.

notice a black film in the tub of the dishwasher. I tried "Tang", vinegar, "Dishwasher Magic" to remove the film. I changed my dishwashing solution to Trader Joes from "Electrasol 2 in 1 tabs Jet-Dry Powerball"

Reply to
dh