dishwasher

What are the most common reasons for my dishwasher overflowing water onto the kitchen floor. Easily fixed or call a repair man?

Thanks-

Reply to
86byk9

Check for a faulty door gasket.

-- Oren

Oren

While it's filling, washing, or draining?

Bad water level switch is one reason. I don't know how to replace mine, if it is easy or hard, let alone yours, which was made by a mystery assembler.

Reply to
mm

Is it overflowing or is it leaking? If overflowing the water too high float switch may be sticking. It may be gummed up but often easily lifted out and cleaned. However both ours and neighbours leaked around the door gasket (they did not overflow). Ours merely needing cleaning of many years of grunge etc. and has been leak free for last two or three years. Neighbour cleaned theirs and also added some caulking and it has been leak free for several months. Even if a new gasket is needed should not be expensive and can be self installed with normal tools. After all this is a do it yourself group; right?

Reply to
terry

Is it? I thought it included "pay someone", but those conversations are generally shorter, because it's a simpler process. And almost independent of the repair being done.

That said, I certainly prefer to do it myself. I don't like people touching my things, and when I screw up, I'm not nearly as mad at myself as I am at myself for hiring the wrong guy.

Reply to
mm