Dishnetwork replacing TV controll ?

I have a remote control that needs to be replaced. It is a dishnetwork one. Is there somewhere to get one without having to pay $49.00 from the factory for a new one? I bought it new a long time ago, it seems a little high for a control to pay that much. Is there a cheaper way? Ryan

Reply to
Ryan

The best way is to switch to Direct TV and take advantyage of their incentives to move. Dish Network does little to help if equipment fails after they have you.

Boden

Ryan wrote:

Reply to
EL

You can pick up direct replacement Dish remotes from eBay or your local Radio Shack.

Another alternative is to get a remote that allows 'intelligent control' of all your devices - tv, vcr, satellite, dvd. These are the ones that can record 'macros' - where one button push activates a number of devices.

e.g. on mine one button turns on - or off - the tv, satellite receiver and audio receiver. Another button switches the DVD on, tunes the TV to DVD input & switches the audio receiver to the DVD player. Makes the wife happy...!!

on E Bay I got a box ,card and remote for 30

Reply to
mark Ransley

Thanks for the help. Ryan

Reply to
Ryan

Other have posted some good ideas. I have one that may work for you or not. I just swapped out my Dish equipment for DTV, Have a Dish network with PVR if your interested. Will include free the second receiver (not PVR) has broke RF but video plugs are good and a suspect two feed LNB.

Reply to
George Myers

Be careful, there are two flavors of Dishnet remotes. Some are UHF and some are infrared. Read your manual before you buy to make sure that you have the right one. I suggest buying a direct replacement off ebay.

Reply to
Kent Shaw

Go to any store and pick up a cheap remote that does satellite. You can get one at Target or WalMart for about $7.

Reply to
Brian Henderson