Dish Washer does not fill enough water.

My dish washer starts to fill water for about 5sec then stop. Not enough water to even wash the soap powder out of its container. The washing cycle is normal. It seems the solonoid valve is working because it let the water in but not sure why it turns off just after a few seconds leaving the washer runing with little water.
Any one knows the problem for this type of fault?
Thank in advance.
HTH wrote:

enough
cycle
water
Hi,
D/w make, model#, approx age??
Volt meter on the fill valve...check for power ( normally 110-120 volt AC ) and when the water quits is the power still there?... NO - timer/control, float, float switch, wiring YES - bad fill valve.

Not always...the fill valve coil can heat up and quit or the fill valve can simply fail mechanically.
On 3 Apr 2005 20:23:30 -0700, Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

Thank Jeff for prompt reply. I'll check and see if the valve is faulty.