Dish TV

Page 3 of 3

e got

ire.

my comcast phone has been rock solid, and so has the tv and internet

My comcast bill is over $200 month. I like the specialty channels. Only way to get Pittsburgh hockey, cable.
Greg

Found a long time ago, the only way to watch tv is to be able to view two or three channels at the same time, especially with sports.
Greg

Up here in Canada, where everything costs more, I have cable TV - digital VIP - with digital hi-def box and 2 digital adapter boxes, plus 20 mb down and 2 up Internet, 2 cell phones with 100 minutes shared daytime plus unlimited evenings and weekends - for $200 including tax.
On 4/27/2013 4:32 PM, bob haller wrote:

I've always believed that Verizon still maintains that old telephone mentality where they were a monopoly and the only game in town, take it or leave it. Their customer service sucks.
I also tried to get off their junk mail list but I still get at least one letter a week from them trying to get me to convert fully to FIOS.
I had a horrible time with AT&T several years ago where they cancelled my service on my business line due to an unpaid long distance bill. Phone was in my house but bill was paid by a company I consult for. When they called me, they refused to talk to me because they wanted to talk to the person responsible for the bill. It was maddening. They harassed me to the point of considering taking them to magistrates court but when I asked the court about suing on a federal law they referred me to the state ag's office who got them to stop. I cancelled their service on my home phone line and cancelled my credit card with them. Afterwards they kept dunning me with letters to restart the service and they would give me $40. AT&T was clueless and so is their offspring, Verizon, as far as I'm concerned.

This pertains to Dish Tv, how???

since tv is now bundled with phone and internet, and fios can provide all 3.
its on topic and all related

I've been through a few snowy winters, thunderstorms and heavy rain. In one rain storm, I had some pixilation for a few minutes. My cable company used to drop out when the humidity was more than 25%.
Even in a blizzard with 70 mph gusts and 28" snowfall, no loss of signal.

we're on Directv, very glad during those 'negotatiation' times. Seems that the favorite stations of the customers were removed for over two - three months while Dish talked with the suppliers. I'd be livid over that one.
Watch out for satellite suppliers, they have their marketing priroities backwards: New customers? What do you want we'll supply it for free for ummmm Old customers? We'll raise rates on this and that, but not by much so you don't notice. If they're not carefful they're going to end up with a lot of abandoned equipment out there.
Plus, I still can't get what I want! I was spoiled that used to receive over 66 channels for free on rabbit ears. Including Korean broadcasting and films. Great treat if you haven't seen that genre.
One positive note, the DVD HD they supply is incredible. fast forward, hit play, and there is a small amount of step back to start where you meant, not where you hit play. We simply record everything, then fast forward through the 33% overhead of commercials.
On 4/25/2013 1:21 PM, cj wrote:

I'll stick to answering your question. I have Dish and have the older 722 DVR. It has 2 tuners. I use one at the main watching location for HD on a 47" flatscreen via an HDMI connection. The other tuner is for whatever ... remote watching, recording to DVR. There is an RF output which I've connected to all the other TVs (non HD) in the house through splitters and/or amps. For 'remote' use, the 2nd remote(s) are RF so that they work anywhere in the house. We have one of these RF remotes near each TV. There are only 2 of us in the house, so it works ok for us. You do, however, have to be aware of what the tuners are doing, i.e. if the DVR is recording 2 programs, you are basically out of luck watching a 3rd program live. You can be recording 2 shows on the DVR and simultaneously watching 2 other shows, previously recorded on the DVR, or even 'chase watch' a show while it is recording. But, as I said, only 2 shows streaming over the satellite at one time. In addition Dish offers some shows to be streamed from the Internet to you computer, etc. Now, if you use their Hopper unit (read, more $$$), you can do much more. It is a nice product, but for us, not worth the money ... you can, from the way I understand it, get full HD at up to 4 locations and there is even a function that allows you to watch certain programs with automatically skipped commercials.

I have the 722 also. and another one (522?) without the DVR, connected to my ReplayTV
The RF out from the converter will feed as many TVs as you want with 2 channels (tuner 1 and 2) Tuner 2 runs from an RF remote that will punch through walls. They output on separate TV RF channels that you can select. I have both Dish boxes, the replay and an agile modulator from a PC joined together going up to the "house cable" that Comcast used to use so each remote TV gets 6 channels (2 tuners from 2 satellites boxes, ch3 out from the Replay and another channel from the PC. On the 2 "tuner 2" dish channels73 &75, the RF remotes will allow you to look at any dish channel. 77&79 are the 2 dish channels controlled by the IR remotes. Ch 3 is whatever the replay has doing and 68 is the PC output
I also bought an OTA module on Ebay for $30 that gets all of the local channels, shows up in the Dish program guide and records normally on the DVR. There does not seem to be a limit to the number of locals you can record at the same time. I have had 3 going here some nights along with 2 dish channels.

Friends of mine have Dish. They have 3 TVs and each one needs a box and each is wired.