Discourage Cat Unrination??

Page 1 of 2
Our cat has made a second litter box of our spare bedroom, what can we do to keep him from wanting to return to the room and urinating? The problem originally came from bad litter box maintenance, but we have remedied that problem. He just seems content on going in there when he places. He has already destroyed 2 complete sets of bed linens.
--

This message was written on 100% recycled spam.

SAM >> samuelREMOVE snipped-for-privacy@myrealbox.com

close the door.
Sam writes:

http://www.mouchette.org/cat /
x-no-archive: yes Richard J Kinch wrote:

My dog hates you for that. I had the volume kinda loud. (I thought it was pretty cool)
Bob
OMG so did mine- I had to click following the thread. What is it?
> x-no-archive: yes > Richard J Kinch wrote: > > Sam writes: > > > > > >>Our cat has made a second litter box of our spare bedroom, what can we > >>do to keep him from wanting to return to the room and urinating? > > > > > > http://www.mouchette.org/cat / > > > My dog hates you for that. I had the volume kinda loud. (I thought it > was pretty cool) > > Bob
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 17:42:49 -0400, "Sam"

Put a litter box where he is going in taht spare room. Keep the original one too.

Take him to the vet. They give him a shot and he will never pee in the house again.

You have two choices.
1. Get used to it. 2. Lose the cat.
Once a cat starts doing that, there is nothing you can do to stop it.
Steve
That's wrong, any cat will respond to costructive behaviour shaping. You just need to search the web to work it out, not too hard...

Duct tape his penis shut. Be sure to remove it once a day so he can piss in the proper place.
Put a real litter box in the spare room.

Very poor, and incorrect advice. Almost all litterbox problems can be solved, often with very little expense and time.
Is there a shelter by you with a cat behaviorilist? We have one who does not charge anything and will discuss several things with the person to get to the root of the problem.
Cut off her penis.

1) Get rid of the cat 2) Buy a pit bull 3) close the damn door

You can do nothing to keep him from "wanting" but you can keep in from "returning" by closing the door.
>The problem originally came from bad litter box maintenance, but we have remedied that

So why not close the door?
Put a plastic cover over the bed? Put a *brand-new* litterbox into that room? HTH
Carola
Remember Doctor Von Zimmer from the movie, "Down and Out in Beverly Hills"? Dr. Von Zimmer was a pet psychiatrist (a psychiatrist just for pets). Actually, I think your best bet is to prevent the cat from going into the bedroom by keeping the door closed. Then you might try pet therapy/behavior modification of some kind. Good luck.

close the door and keep him out of that room altogether. Then you have to completely eliminate any residual odor from the room. An enzyme cleaner may eventually get rid of the smell but if you've tossed 2 sets of bed linens I would imagine the mattress is toast.
You may eventually be able to let him back in once a long period of time has passed which will break the habit and the odor is completely eliminated. Of course this is dependent on you're continuing to keep his litter box clean so he doesn't look for alternatives. W
: He has : already destroyed 2 complete sets of bed linens. : : -- :
toss the mattress, close the door, litterbox retraining!