Disconnect electric toothbrush

Page 2 of 2

On Mar 22, 6:52pm, "Stormin Mormon"

But that's a red herring, because what we're talking about is a mere $100 for an ultrasonic toothbrush. Have you ever used a Phillips Sonicare and compared it to a $3 electric brush? Gotten any opinions from dentists or other dental professionals? Do you think there is no difference between say a Craftsman wrench that costs $10 and a cheap Chinese wrench that costs $1? Compared to all the other healthcare costs, this one is miniscule and the more we learn, the more critical good cleaning is.

On 3/24/2010 6:52 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

My $17 Oral-B "Vitality" rechargable toothbrush uses the same heads as my wife's $70+ Oral-B model. She swears that her toothbrush has much more "power" (I think she is describing torque) than mine. They sound about the same when they are running so I suspect there is minimal if any difference in speed.
My every 6 mo. dental exams are excellent, with less than normal plaque build-up. She uses the same dentist and dental hygienist, and her checkups show more than normal plaque build-up.
I think that your (a)diet, (b)genetic control of mouth enzyme composition and quantity, and (c) care and frequency of flossing and brushing will affect your oral hygiene far more than the price of your toothbrush.

..
Then get rid of that $17 toothbrush and use the $3 one.
On 3/24/2010 12:29 PM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Fair enough. I should have mentioned that our dentist strongly recommends using an electric toothbrush because he says it provides as much effectiveness in 2 minutes as proper use of a manual toothbrush provides in about 10 minutes (and very few people have the discipline to spend 10 minutes 2-3x/day brushing their teeth).
The OP should have left the toothbrush running 24/7 in his mouth.
On 3/22/2010 12:21 PM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Exactly, It is the best $100 you will ever spend.
On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:09:18 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Unplugging the charger for a month did not kill the battery.
See if the toothbrush can be opened to get to the battery. If you can, a replacement from Batteries Plus will essentially revive all.
--
Nonny

The time to repay our Congress and
Higgs Boson wrote:

Google "reviving nicad batteries by freezing". I used the method for an expensive UV flashlight battery and it worked quite well. Some folks are skeptical but it wouldn't hurt to try.
TDD
On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 18:29:48 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

He is trying to be nice to you. Leave him alone.
YOu have a considerate roommate who could be a lifetime friend. You have a choice of being a nice guy yourself, like he was trying to be,
Or showing what migbht be the real you, and you'll never be more than roommates if you do.