Disassembly of Hotpoint dryer.

Model number of this Hotpoint dryer is NBXR463GBOWW. The dryer has no heat. Do I need to remove the control panel with the torx screws to be able to remove the front cover? Is there an easier way to get access to the thermostat, thermal fuse, burner assembley, etc.?
Thanks for your reply.
David Farber L.A., CA
Start at http://www.appliancepartspros.com/_hotpoint-dryer-parts.aspx
This resembles the old Kenmore gas dryer that we used for 30 years. Burner and chimney at lower left-hand corner as observed from the front. The only thing that I ever fixed in this area was the electronic ignition that is a ceramic part, glowing hot to light off the gas supply. Everything else amounted to blowing out the lint that accumulated. The part failed with a complete break in the ignitor, resulting in an open circuit. Access should be from the front, removing the panel below the door. That leaves the drum fully supported.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

There is no bottom access panel on this unit which I thought was quite odd. The appliancepartspros link gave a good parts blow up but not really instructions on how to disassemble. I'll make another trip over to the dryer and bring my torx screwdrivers.
-- Thanks for your reply,
David Farber
IBM5081 wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Hi,
That will be NBXR463GB0WW
Access helps... http://www.applianceaid.com/my_own_dryer.html http://www.applianceaid.com/take-apart.html

Nope.

Hi Jeff,
Those pictures were very helpful!
Thanks for your reply.
-- David Farber David Farber's Service Center L.A., CA

Now that I've been able to get this thing apart, I was able to power it on with the drum off to see what was going on. The igniter comes on, then after about twenty seconds, there appears to be a humming noise from one of the solenoids, the igniter shuts off, but no gas flame appears. I put my meter across the flame detect switch to see if it was opening but no voltage ever appeared across it. I removed the flame switch from the circuit and tried heating it up over a small flame on a stove but it still wouldn't switch open. How do you test this thing and why would the igniter turn off if the flame detect switch didn't open?
Also, this dryer may have been worked on before. How can you tell the proper way to install the booster/main coil? The three terminals are toward the bottom of the pole whereas the safety coil has the terminals toward the top of the pole.
Thanks for your reply.
-- David Farber L.A., CA