Disappointed

Page 1 of 2
I am disappointed in this site. I am a newcomer who comes for help and do not know who to trust as there too many jokers here. I have not posted but do need help sometimes.
I thought by your title- Home Repair- that is what you all do here.
Shirley,
Most people are legit, and you can get some very sound advice here. Unfortunately there are a few that do not like to be questioned or argued with on their opinions, and you just have to either ignore them, or read their posts for fun and try and determine just how many drinks they have had. You can learn a lot by reading posts that are interesting to you, even if you are not asking a particular question.
Good luck,
Maury

I think this is one of the best groups I have ever found. I have received excellent advice (and in many cases thorough explanations, education, references etc.) on just about everything I have done in my home for the last few years. I look at what I have been able to do at my house with the help I have received from the very good people on this group, I am thrilled and grateful.
I make it a point to ignore and never participate in the silliness even on the rare occasion it has been directed at me. Its a small price to pay for the overwhelmingly good help and people found on this group. Like any pest cut off their food source and they will go elsewhere.

030624 0710 - Shirley Thebaglady wrote:

Well, there are jokers everywhere. A good sense of humor is a good thing. It has been shown that a good laugh relieves tension, and makes the body system less stressful, and therefore possibly adding several years to life. You will find a lot of useful information here, but you will also have to learn to separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak. The professional, sometimes, has a hard time keeping a straight face when encountering some of the things presented here. Nonetheless, more often than not, the problem gets solved and the presenter gets the job done.

Pray for that Day When Arty passes away.
You're in my prayers EVERY night Arty Boy, you little AHOLE.
Don't let it bother you, Shirley. Like Maury said - there are a lot of knowledgeable folks here that are willing to share their skills, crafts, and trades with you. There are a few who just guess from a hit or miss situation of their own, and of course there are those who are out of school for the summer and try to confuse the issue(s) even further. Unfortunately - you'll have to use your wits to seek out the good stuff (at least until the kids either go back to school, on vacation with mom and dad, or to juvenile court.) LOL!
Jim

You left out the BIGGEST, LOUDEST, MOST ARROGANT, SELF CENTERED...etc, etc
Arthur is BY FAR the BIGGEST problem with this newsgroup. Every ng has its spammers, trolls and complainers about anything that suits them at the moment.
Old Arthur Boy is this newsgroups curse.
stop fooling around, I'm going to tell!! this person should worry about fixing her social skills and then worry about doing home repairs ,anyone who would cry like that,has a bigger problem than needing a little repair advise. and she's disappointed in the group,that sucks I think I remember this group being formed just to make her happy. GO FIND SOMEPLACE TO CRY ,WE DONT WANT TO HEAR YOU !!

Since you use the name "Thebaglady" I assume you live in a modest home, such as a cardboard box. There are many qualified people here that can give the information you need. Such as: cutting windows, waterproofing with motor oil, insulating with newspapers, and most important, when to get a new box.
Hope we can be of help.
i think we need more jokers here, remember trust no1, or trust us all, i do , forget the americam express card, Humor dont leave home without it......Now what kind of oil do you recomend to waterproof my box , gota go my ducts are calling for bread
cant tell you what oil to use, till we know the temp. in your area. single wght. works best on roofs 80 gear oil,should be builtup. durung summer monthes around windows and doors a multi 10-30 . if you want too or can only use one oil try 20-50 all around .the oil used should have less than 8000 miles on it ,this is to cut down on gas fumes from rich engines. fire safety isnt a real problem and doesnt need to be addressed when waterproofing your box. every time the teenages in my area burn my box down while I'm sleeping in it .the gas only helps to couse a flash fire and burns its self out before any really bad harm is done to me.

Shirley Thebaglady spaketh...

You should ask for your money back.
--
McQualude

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Shirley Thebaglady) wrote:

Size us up just like you would size up a group of people in a bar. After some observation, it becomes clear who's the authority and who's the joker.
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:10:15 -0400 (EDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Shirley Thebaglady) wrote:

Shirley - That's the 'Net for you! Few newsgroups are free from these poster that think they can be ever so "clever" because they can hide behind their screens.
Unfortunately, NGs on "male"-oriented topics like home repair usually attract these aggressive, juvenile, silly posters, whereas NGs on "female"-oriented topics are much more straightforward, issue-oriented, and cooperative.
However, on the good side, you did receive several sensible and courteous replies, so don't go away. There *are* good, helpful folks here. Just disregard the others.
--
Pax

after you teach shirley how to understand people and a little joking ,then you can move on to teaching her how to feed herself. please if you cant see her for what she is, reread her post . just another person sho feels the world and this little group should revolve around her.never been able to help herself so ,the world owes her.I deal with these pain in the ***'* all the time at work.
(Shirley Thebaglady) wrote:

shirley is right i am a joker ,but im not, Shirley, the troll patrol can be unfunny it depends on his mood

Yeah. She never heard the one about "You gotta prime the pump ..." (You wanna get, you gotta give.) Don't recollect Shirley paying any dues, so to speak.
John
you loser clone troll
looser phoney
Why? for What? Now who in the hell are you talking at, you stupid fuck? Will you ever use any usenet accepted protocol, or will you always be just a webtv shit stain?