Disabled Nation: Record 10,978,040 collecting disability payments

Page 3 of 3

But Apple (et al) don't MAKE the tax laws, they just FOLLOW them. If you have a beef, it is with CONGRESS that DOES make the laws :-(
| Brian Gordon --> snipped-for-privacy@panix.com<-- brian dot gordon at cox dot net |
snipped-for-privacy@panix.com (Brian Gordon) wrote:

But those people who get benefits don't make the laws, they follow them. If you have a beef, it is with CONGRESS, not the people who follow the law
On Jun 2, 3:12 pm, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" <atlas-

you have

Not quite. When people who can work are on welfare for generation after generation, having 7 kids out of wedlock, instead of getting a job and using a condom, then I have a problem with them and the govt program that allows it.
In article

If only you lipstick conservatives felt that way about the financial institutions that continue to game the system
On 06/02/2013 02:12 PM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Survivors take advantage of whatever contributes to their survival. I blame the government, not the companies or people who take advantage of the laws. While I have contempt for welfare recipients, I blame congress for enabling -- even encouraging -- them to be subnormal humans.
--
Cheers, Bev
"A friend is someone who puts the needs of others above their own.

One of the worst agencies is the VA. 9 out of 10 retired military are drawing disability of some type even though most never had injuries related to military service. They are more related to old age, smoking, drinking, drugs, sports, traffic injuries, or lack of insurance, all of which the VA should not pay for.

I know a man that started receiving VA disability about 2 years ago for mental problems. He was in the army during the Viet Nam action. He never left the states. Found out how easy it is to collect mental disabiltiy, so he applied for it. The VA said that it was the stress factor that he might have had to go over seas that was causing his problems.
I worked with this man most every day. He seemed as normal as anyone else that was around 60 years old. He even bragged about how easy it was for him to get the benifits.
While I never was drafted or was in the military , I am thinking about applying due to the fact that I may have been drafted...
On 05/30/2013 07:34 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Hey, I've been stressed thinking that my friends and relatives might have been drafted. Can I sign up too?
OTOH, by not signing up I'm freeing up money to help the guys who really were injured in service. Never mind.
--
Cheers, Bev

never

, so

ight

lse

or

And I know one very well who joined the navy, was in for 3 months, and asked to get out because he didn't like it. They let him. Now 20 years later VA is providing his housing, half his utilities, food, and is looking for a job for him. Like he really earned that aid!

There are about a million lawyers on TV telling people there is free money out there if you think you might be disabled some way, real or not and people love free money.