Disabled Nation: Record 10,978,040 collecting disability payments

Page 2 of 3
On 5/30/2013 8:43 PM, nestork wrote:

One of the problems I have that is part of what defines my disability is both shoulders are torn up and I'm told they need replacing. Of course I wouldn't go for a top floor apartment since both of my knees are wrecked too. But if someone is visually impaired and has otherwise good knees and legs, they can still be disabled but quite able to climb stairs. I climb stairs when I can because I need the exercise but I can't always do it. Besides when my external defibrillator goes off, I have to sit or lay down, that could be difficult on a long flight of stairs. ^_^
TDD

No wonder why you have so much time to spend here. You don't have to work. Just collect welfare.
On 6/4/2013 12:19 PM, JoeBro wrote:

Not so, I was working right up to the time I died May 10th. 19 days in the hospital and I'm getting stronger every day since the cardiologist shocked my heart back into the correct rhythm. I'm planning on helping with some network installations here in the next few days. I have lots of work to do, in fact I had people calling me for service while I was in the hospital. Perhaps, you should know of what you write before you press the keys on your keyboard? ^_^
TDD
In article

strange: when a republican takes gov't money, that's good for the economy, when anyone else takes money from the gov't it's a liberal plot.
On May 30, 4:03 pm, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" <atlas-

Who ever said it was good when a Republican takes govt money? We conservatives prefer govt leave the money with the people to begin with.

...and take less of our money with tax cuts.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

if that was true, conservatives like Romney wouldn't take tax credits, subsidies or move their money overseas
unless what you are saying is leave the money with the (business) people to begin with
On May 30, 11:30 pm, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" <atlas-

Yawn...... Yet another dumb lib deception. This is like libs bitching that a conservative governor is somehow a hypocrite because they were against some massive govt handout program, but when you libs windup passing it anyway, their state gets some of the money. Of course they are going to get the money for their state. Like with OBama's $800bil stimulus. Much of it was a bad idea. But given that you libs rammed it through, it becomes the program in place, so of course all states are going to try to get their share of it. The residents of that state are paying income taxes, sending it to DC. You libs decide to start throwing it around, so of course they are entitled to their share of it back. A bad system? Yes. Hypocrites? No.
Same thing with taxes. Conservatives would like a flat tax system, with lower rates. But given we have what we have, of course they are going to minimize their taxes, while complying with it. What do the rich libs like the Kennedy's, Kerry's and Warren Buffet do? In fact the hypocrite Buffet has been fighting the IRS for years over hundreds of million they say his company owes. And Kerry registered his yacht in RI to avoid MA taxes. Good grief!

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.
In article

so when a poor citizen takes money that they qualify for you are perfectly fine with it. thanks for refuting the subject line
On May 31, 3:01 pm, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" <atlas-

Pay attention and learn. Unless you're dumb enough to believe that an extraordinary amount of people somehow suddenly became disabled in the last 4 years, then obviously a lot of people are suddenly claiming they are disabled, when they really are not. And you don't have to look far to see it happening. I gave an example of a guy in his 20's collecting SSI because he claims he has ADD. You'd have to be a cluless lib to believe that this guy, who I can see functioning with my own two eyes, is incapable of holding any kind of job. In other words, there are a lot of people on all the various govt programs that do not qualify for what they receive.
And the more of these programs you have, the more fraud you get. In another thread one of your lib buddies was bemoaning the poverty rate. The poverty rate, while at an all time high, isn't all that much different than what it was in the mid 60's. That alone says a lot. I would expect it to be substantially higher, because today if you can claim you're living in poverty, there are far more programs to hand out a lot more money to you. People know how to work the system. That's one reason you have so many single mother families on welfare. Daddy splits, family gets welfare. And then Daddy makes some more money off the books. Goes on all the time.
In article

where did I address the legitimacy of those claims. I did address the fact that, as you have stated, that if the gov't is going to hand out money to the rich, the poor are going to learn all the tricks those lipstick conservatives use.
As for working the system, just think off-shore banks and while we're at it, let's thank all those bankers and realtors that helped created the housing bubble
On May 31, 11:59 pm, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" <atlas-

The difference is that the govt, for the most part, is *not* handing money out to the rich. Or to the middle class either. You libs pretending that the govt taking 25% of what folks make instead of 35% is the govt giving them something is just more liberal lies.

But it's you libs who are always in favor or more of more govt systems, more govt programs, more govt handouts. The more you have, the more they can be worked.
And even systems that could be simple, ie the income tax by having one rate, virtually no exemptions, etc, why you're against that. You insist on having a mythical 39% rate, but then packing it full of exemptions and loopholes for all kinds of crap. Then when people do what you want, follow the tax code, to wind up paying 20%, you snear at them as rich people. We could just have that 20% flat rate, but you libs won't because you rather keep up the class warfare.
In article

sure. I read somewhere that a "enterprise zone" in Sacramento gave $37000 tax credits to a strip club for every stripper it hired
Or to the middle class either. You

Sara Palin and the Bridge to Nowhere ring a bell.

yes, putting your money in overseas banks really generates jobs, doesn't it?

and when people do what you do (follow the rules, regulations, etc and get money) you snear at them as leeches
On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 11:51:06 -0700, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

Yes it does. Here's how:
1) $$ put in overseas bank.
2) Bank needs to pay interest on deposit so it lends the deposited $$ out and charges more interest than it pays the depositor.
3) Money lent out is usually borrowed by someone who can do something productive with it, e.g. build a home or factory.
4) That generates jobs.

provide proof that they pay interest

so some rich guy puts his money in off-shore banks and some other guy borrows the money from the off-shore bank and creates jobs in the USA? LOL, that's a clumsy cost-ineffective way of creating jobs when the original depositor could just create the jobs in the first place or the borrower could just borrow with less hassle from the guy who is putting his money off-shore

not in your scenario

No further proof needed by the OP. You are ovbiously an asshole so further proof would be a waste of time.
No wonder why you sucking on the "disability" tit.

I don't know your mother
Re Re: Disabled

You have to understand that lefties do NOT have even a basic concept at how the banking system operates They imagine that all that money deposited in a bank, sits in a vault, a la Scrooge McDuck, reproducing by osmosis in the dark.
On Jun 1, 2:51 pm, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" <atlas-

So, a strip club now qualifies as "the rich" or "big business"? And if they created a job for just $37,000, that's about one tenth the $300K that was spent on each job created by Obama's stimulus. Sounds like one of the more effective lib programs. California has been so infested with failed liberal policies that it sailed off the cliff a long time ago, and nothing that goes on there should surprise anyone.
I'd also point out that this is a prime example of unintended consequences. You libs like govt programs and live in a world of unicorns and puppies. Then when it turns out that businesses like a strip club qualify, why that's the fault of the business, right? Wrong. California is run by a lib gov and lib legislature and the results show. In the days of Reagan, Intel was building factories in CA. They haven't built a new fab there in decades now. So, now it's down to jobs in strip clubs.....

They wouldn't have to keep that corp money offshore if it weren't for you libs. Republicans have long favored reducing the US corp tax rate, which is among the highest in the world. Money finds the places with the least taxes, the most positive business climate. Reduce the rate and the money will come here. Economics 101.

Because that is what so many of them are. If you live off the public as a way of life when you're capable of holding any job, then yes, you're a leach. That you libs make programs, rules that allow it, encourage more into that lifestyle, doesn't change it.
In article

as if the strippers ever get "paid" that much by the employer

oh and here I thought the bad business climate was created by employees banding together to get decent wages and benefits

seems to me that if a corp pays little or no taxes (as in the case of Apple) they are living off the public