Dirty toilet tank

Any suggestions on how to remove a slimy, rust-colored film covering the tank and components inside without harming the mechanisms?
Thanks
JT
JTuran001 wrote:

If the water supply is from a well, iron bacteria produce this slime. Add a little bleach to the tank water and scrub the tank inside with a sponge soaked in bleach.
You can use chlorine bowl cleaning tablets in the tank, but you may experience rapid deterioration of the rubber flapper unless you put in the newer (red) chemical-resistant ones.
Jim
I replace a toilet last week because the toilet was stained beyond repair. I tried bleaching it and I even used some product that claimed to be able to help but did not. What a surprise! As luck will have it, home depot had a sale on a toilet for $59. Prices vary widely, however not being a toilet connoisseur; I really could not appreciate the differences between the $59 toilet and the $900 counterpart. Nevertheless, the new toilet leaves a better impression than the permanently shit stained toilet I had before. It took me a Sunday afternoon to install the new unit.
I usually scrub mine out with the toilet brush, and then flush. Works nicely.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Put some Iron Out in the tank, let it sit overnight, flush.
You are suppose to pee in the bowl, not the tank. :-)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (JTuran001) wrote:

Try a little Iron Out in the reservoir. Let it sit overnight.