dirt coming in kitchen sink

My kitchen sink was draining slow so I tried the baking soda and vinegar , then it wouldn't drain at all so I stopped up one sink and plunged the other . Black dirt came up in my sink. I have plunged to no avail, it doesn't run to the septic tank but out in the yard. What do I do?

Reply to
Flowerpower

"Flowerpower" wrote in message news:5c8ad$57cd7da9$a2d350aa$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

Have you considered calling a plumber?

Reply to
dadiOH

A slow kitchen sink drain is usually caused by grease buildup. He can try pouring a gallon of bleach down the drain and let it sit over night and then try pouring boiling water down the drain. I use a fat pot for all my used cooking grease and oils and have no drain problems.

Reply to
Jack G.

A gallon of lye solution would work better. Lye + grease = soap.

Reply to
rbowman

What is the ratio of lye and water to equal one gallon?

Reply to
Jack G.

Wouldn't help much (at all) with the drain going into the yard rather than the septic tank.

Reply to
dadiOH

It would just unplug it.

Reply to
Jack G.

I never measured it. I just pour the lye flakes into the drain, maybe two or three tablespoons worth, and add hot water. If that seems too casual, most of the liquid drain openers on the market are lye (sodium Hydroxide) solutions.

Reply to
rbowman

That will work.

Reply to