direct vent water heater

Greetings,
I'm thinking of replacing a gas water heater with a direct vent model. (Minnesota winters, cold) Anybody here have one?
I've already checked several sites, but haven't found any "energy guide" info on them.
Thanks, Mark
PS: If you think I should be looking at a different kind of water heater let me know.
I believe the advantage to direct vent is the double pipe sucks in and exhausts gases in one pipe and if the pipe fails the water heater will turn off due to lack of oxygen and the safetly pilot will turn off the gas supply. That way there is no issue of carbon monoxide ever leaking. Mine is located near a basement wall so the double pipe within a pipe is short. Also it does not consume any oxygen in the room it is located.