Dimmer Switch Smoking

Switch over to compact fluorescents. They use about 25% of the energy, give excellent light and last far longer.

RicodJour

Yah this lady had a problem with hers that was pushing 600W when her husband was home. He liked these lights up all the way and the lights would periodically go out. She liked the lights around 50% and never had a problem. I agree Lutron should rerate this model at around 500W! And that stuff about removing the heatsink tabs lowering the rating (although they never actually admitted to that it was implied) seemed totally out of line. Richard

Reply to
spudnuty

Except that most CF bulbs can't be dimmed.

Reply to
Rich Greenberg

Let me guess. You forgot to put a "No Smoking" sign in that room !!!!! :)

Reply to
anoldfart2

Ah, yes, the Magic Electric Smoke, that makes all electronic and electrical itens work. Once you let too much of the smoke escape, they don't work anymore. BTDT, too many times to count. (This house I bought had a similarly flaky dimmer. I looked at the hall light it controlled, decided I would never need to run that at reduced power, and replaced it with a 3-buck single pole toggle.)

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers