dimmer switch

Hi I have a mains wall light which has ten 10 watt halogen bulbs on it and it says on the back its 0-105W. Is it possible to connect a dimmer switch to this light without havin to include a transformer. If i can what sort of dimmer switch would you recommend?

Many thanks Bre

-- brendonavoo69

Reply to
brendonavoo69

Bren: If it has an inline transformer, you'll hear buzzing when you try to dim it, and it won't be a smooth dim. I don't recommend it because you'll burn out the transformer. The new halogens don't have the big inline transformers and you can dim these directly.

good luck, tim1198

Reply to
tim1198

Ive never had a problem with regular dimmers sold even on transformers.

Reply to
m Ransley

Not much of a good answer, but I would suggest that you check with the makers of the lighting system.

later,

tom @

Tom The Great