Dimmer on GFI?

Hi, I solved my previous post regarding the GFI outlet tripping on my new wall sconces. Now I'd like to dim these fixtures. Can I install a dimmer on a GFI protected outlet? I wasn't sure if the resistive load of the dimmer would trip the GFI. Thanks, Jeff
They seem to work fine on my pool lights and on the deck lights.
Jeff Guay wrote:

The wall sconces and electrical outlets are on the same circuit?
I know you're not me, but... I wouldn't do that simply for the fact I might forget, or someone else might not know, and plug something into that outlet and should not be dimmed and damage it. --Mike
The switch is fed from a GFI outlet. The switch only switches the fixtures, the outlet is unswitched.

wall

It's perfectly fine. The dimmer won't trip the GFI unless it shorts to ground.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est